Visage & Phasmophobia meets Evolve/Dead by Daylight.
First Person Multiplayer Horror Game for 4-5 players
One player plays as Poltergeist while others are known as Survivors.
Story takes place in a town called Chandler’s Creek in US, Maine.
Town is filled with strange phenomenas which no one can explain.
A malevolent spirit has awoken and is wreaking havoc and terror.
Team of four, experienced in paranormal activities have been tasked to investigate what has happened in Chandler’s Creek
and help spirits which are in the reach of aid.
A malevolent entity, also known as Poltergeist is haunting Chandler’s Creek and making other spirit restless.
Human players, also known as Survivors, need to investigate playable area and figure out why spirits are trapped and how them to travel to otherworld and rest in peace.
Poltergeist must stop Survivors either by possessing or killing them.
Survivors must not confront Poltergeist and need to evade Poltergeist at all costs.
One game sessions lasts six hours in game time, one hour in game world is 10 minutes in real world time so that means one game session is 1 hour.
Sessions rarely takes 1 hour because of game objectives.
Survivors are humans with extraordinary abilities and gadgets.
- Must Survive night.
- Main objective for Survivors is to investigate playable area and find lost spirits to set free.
- Evade Poltergeist at all costs.
- Sanity is Survivors main attribute to look after. Sanity determines how vulnerability Survivor is to Poltergeist influence.
- If Survivor loses too much sanity, Poltergeist can Posses Survivor.
- Survivors can restore Sanity by hiding in hiding places.
- When possessed, Survivor will experience more hallucinations and hear voices.
- If Poltergeist is within certain distance to Possessed Survivor then Poltergeist has clear vision of that Survivor’s soul and all nearby souls making it easier to make successfully manifest and kill Survivor.
- Survivor’s Sanity will decrease when Survivor witness Paranormal Occurrence.
- Paranormal occurrence can be anything from simple window/door slamming to inanimate objects moving to bogey man emerging from inspected closet.
Stamina & Exhausted
- Every Survivor has a stamina. Running, sprinting and using abilities (not gadgets) reduces stamina. Stamina regenerates slowly. Survivor will get exhausted when stamina runs out.
- Exhausted Survivor can’t sprint, run or use abilities and is more vulnerable to effect of Soul Weakness.
- All actions have consequences and for Survivors that is Soul Weakness. Soul Weakness increases probability of triggering Paranormal Occurrences.
Find clues & Key items
- Survivors must search containers and inspect various objects scattered throughout environment to find clues and key items. Searching a container or inspecting object might trigger paranormal occurrences which will damage Survivor’s sanity.
- Containers might contain useful items which will help with meta progression.
- Survivors has a lot of different gadgets and inhuman abilities to help them survive the living terror they are about to witness. There are plenty Survivor characters to choose from and all has their own pros and cons.
— WIP —
Poltergeist is a spirit responsible for mysterious events at Chandler’s Creek. Hostile, aggressive presence who seeks to wreak fear at Chandler’s Creek and consume weak souls.
- Poltergeist’s main objective is to either kill or posses all Survivors.
- Poltergeist must make Survivors witness paranormal occurrences which in turn will decrease Survivor’s Sanity and increase Poltergeist’s influence.
- Poltergeist player can place triggers in environment which will damage Survivor sanity when triggered by them.
- More sanity Survivors lose, more powerful Poltergeist player will get and eventually will be able to manifest to world and try to kill Survivors.
- Poltergeist’s main attribute. Determines how much power Poltergeist has in real world. Increases when Survivors lose sanity.
- When Poltergeist manifests to World. Manifestation must happen in a place which is not visible to Survivor players.
- When manifested Poltergeist can, if gets close enough to survivor, instantly kill one. Manifest ability unlocks when at least one Survivor has been possessed or enough influence is gained.
- Poltergeist abilities is determined by which Poltergeist character has been chosen.
- Plenty of characters to choose, all with unique gameplay mechanics which also means Survivors must adapt their tactics after they have identified which Poltergeist is they are against.
Soul Trace & Ectoplasm
Survivors can’t see Poltergeist and Poltergeist can’t see Survivors. Only when Poltergeist manifests then both can see each other. All other time teams can see each other indirectly through Soul Trace and Ectoplasm mechanics.
Poltergeist player will leave traces of Ectoplasm where ever it moves within the world. Certain Survivors has skill to sense ectoplasm and with certain gadgets Ectoplasm can also be spotted.
Survivors leaves behind invisible matter Soul Trace, which only Poltergeist player can see. Soul Weakness is connected to Soul Trace strength.
Staying together too long amplifies Soul Trace in Survivor’s area which will make it easier for Poltergeist to hunt down Survivors. Staying at same place for too long is also not advisable because Soul Trace will accumulate at same place.
Hiding reduces Soul Trace strength while in hiding place.
Voip plays huge role in Poltergeist. Poltergeist player can hear Survivor players voip distorted/unclear. When Survivor dies, survivor will spawn as a friendly ghost who can help still alive Survivors. Ghost can communicate with survivors through various gadgets and can help survivors by disarming traps laid by Poltergeist player. Ghost players can see Poltergeist at all times.
Game plays as true horror game for Survivors.
Environment around them will change depending of their Sanity, Soul Weakness and Poltergeist actions.
Survivor players will face horror elements like:
- Shadowy figures peeking around the corner
- Creepy sounds
— WIP —
Perks, write at some point
- Skins for Survivors
- Skins for Gadgets
- Emotes / taunts
- Skins for Poltergeist(s)
- More brutal kill animations.
- Ability FX Varieties
- Shade Varieties
- Manifestation varieties